Embed from Getty Images
In my last post I reflected on the best book I read in 2017; today I begin looking for the best book of 2018. At the end of the year, I buy a few books to read for the upcoming year. I usually read a few them but the combination of work, family, and doctorate, I can not get to all of them. I am ambitious in the beginning and realistic at the end. My picks are a mix of theological and fiction.
Below at the six books, I have on the list for 2018. What book did I miss?
- Sabbath in Suburbs: A Family’s Experiment with Holy Time by Maryann McKibben Dana
- Being Christian: Baptism, Bible, Eucharist, and Prayer by Rowan Williams
- Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi
- Inferno: A Doctor’s Ebola Story by Steven Hatch
- Healing Spiritual Wounds: Reconnecting with a Loving God After Experiencing a Hurtful Church
- The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead